Guard Petals

**NEW Release available today: Rougir**
including:
Rougir Artplay Palette
Beauty WordART mix 1
MMultiMedia Roses 1
Assemblage Overlays #1

Photoshop Elements 14
I blended my main photo into Artsy Paper # 4 on multiply mode, then used inverted masking to do a quickie extraction of the shears and petals from the black granite countertop where I was trimming off the roses' guard petals. I added transfers and overlays to disguise the more awkward parts of my fast extraction. I then dragged in my big rose photo and blended it into the Artsy Paper on screen mode at reduced opacity. I added the wordart, quote, and brushwork next. To finish things off, I used Multimedia Rose #1 and a few parts from the other roses in the set (the silk rose from #3 and the filigree from #4). I amped up the colors somewhat by duplicating certain layers and applying color burn and linear burn blending modes. As a last step, I added layers from the Assemblage Overlay along the left side of the composition.
Love how you use rich vibrant colors! I need a lesson in color! Beautiful design and page!

Love the colors and how perfectly you melded the hard and soft elements together. I want to plant a rose now. Beautiful page!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout