Oscraps

Grey Gardens
B

Grey Gardens

The story of Big and Little Edie Beale of the Hamptons on Long Island in their dilapitading home, Grey Gardens, fascinates me. A story you cant make up, its so incredible. I saw the documentary a long time ago. Then a movie was made of the making of the documentary, starring Drew Barrymore as Little Edie and Jessica Lange as Big Edie, her Mother. They gave such convincing performances, its difficult to tell the actresses from the real women. Lately, this fascinating story came to my attention once again. Its also interesting how the women were judged, depending on the decade and popular beliefs of the time, since the documentary was made in the 70s. However you judge them, they were interesting.

ArtPlay Palette VerandaArtPlayPaletteVeranda
Veranda FotoBlendz No. 1VerandaFotoBlendzNo.1
Grow WordART Mix No. 1GrowWordARTMixNo.1
MultiMedia Flowers No. 9MultiMediaFlowersNo.9

Notes: Solid paper 4 as the foundation and bringing in the png FotoBlendz, clipped the photo to it. Underneath I slipped in a transfer and blended the FotoBlendz. I duplicated the photo, clipping it to the original and lended to Screen. I typed out the title and put it just above the the foundation layer. The splatter overlay is underneath the transfer.

I used Blend Ifs on the word art transfer and word art at the bottom of the page. A brush is also nestled there. At the top of the layers panel is the MM Flowers running along the right side of the photo. Little Edie was typed out and positioned and that finished the page.
this page does justice to the two eccentric women. a lot of drama in colours and design. g o r g e o u s.

Totally gorgeous! Love the colors. Also laove the vertical composition!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout