Oscraps

Grade 5
Peppermint

Grade 5

JOURNALING: In a conversation today I casually said this will be his last year of elementary school to someone and felt my chest tighten afterward. These things sneak up on me. Its not like Ive never said it before but today, with the beginning of your fifth grade year quickly approaching, it hit me like a bus. Like a bus taking you off to middle school. (Except dont get your hopes up on that one, we live too close to earn yourself a bus ride.) This upcoming year will introduce a new set of responsibilities. I was suddenly hit with the realization that every few weeks Ill be listening to you complain about crossing guard duty. I can already anticipate it its so not your thing. Standing outside, helpless against the elements, waiting for dawdling kids to make their way across the street? I feel for you, buddy it sounds like it was tailor-made to drive you insane. I anticipate that your workload will be a little heavier this year, too. Part of the prepare you for middle school philosophy thats meant to keep you from feeling as though youre being thrown to the lions as soon as you walk through those doors next year. Youre already thinking ahead, though. A few weeks ago in the car you voiced your concern over your Transformers lunch bag and how it might undermine your awesomeness in Middle School. Ive got your back, though, I made sure to buy you a solid-colored classically designed lunch bag thats sure to give you an air of mystery. Is he into action figures? Who knows! He has that plain lunch bag! Keep em guessing, always a good strategy. Its just like both of us to get ahead of ourselves, you still have one good year of Transformers lunch bag usage left, if you choose to accept it. Because here we go.

-

MATERIALS: In The Loop No. 2 (Frames & Stamps)In The Loop No. 2 (Frames & Stamps) and Interlude Interlude by One Little Bird
Wow, great journaling - you gave me a look straight into your heart and mind.
Love the crop of the picture, the 'clean' design and the precious use of brushes.

I started to comment about how I absolutely loved the photo... That it stood out so nicely and that I loved that it wasn't a full on photo... and then I read your journalling! Amazing piece!

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Peppermint
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout