Oscraps

Good Vibrations
B

Good Vibrations

Journaling: Imagine my delight in finding the little Coats & Clarks knitting booklets from the 70s. They were 35 cents and packed full of hip and cool patterns and I was into it. Pictured are some of the things I made. I wore that cream hoodie a lot. It was my go to cardigan to grab when i left the house, it went with everything. With the exception of the shorts, they would still fly today. Ive always been a classic dresser, but with a little twist that kicked it up a notch.

FotoInspired Template Pack No. 2HFotoInspiredTemplatePackNo.2H
ArtPlay Palette Go RetroArtPlayPaletteGoRetro
ArtPlay Palette Easter Chicks TransfersArtPlayPaletteEasterChicks
ArtsyKardz Go RetroArtsyKardzGoRetro
4x6 ArtsyKardz Go Retro4x6ArtsyKardzGoRetro
PaintedHearts No. 3PaintedHeartsNo.3
Splatters No. 1SplattersNo.1
Handwritten Story No. 1HandwrittenStoryNo.1
TapedTextures No. 2TapedTexturesNo.2
ArtsyPaint No. 8ArtsyPaintNo.8
TissueTextures No. 2TissueTexturesNo.2
ArtsyStains No. 2ArtsyStainsNo.2
ChevronTextures No. 1ChevronTexturesNo.1
LightLeaks No. 2LightLeaksNo.2
Fonts:Becky and AHDN

Notes: After scanning the photos from the booklets and adjusting them a little, I opened a template page and clipped them to their respective masks. I used artsy kardz for the masks across the top of the page along with some transfers. I created the title and used a style on it.

I blended the photos without frames and added a light leak over the top of the large photo, also blended. Brush work was next, over and under the photos: tapes, tissue textures, splatters, etc. I added the caption to the photo and drew the arrow pointing to the shorts. The journaling was placed and a frame from Go Retro was added along with the buttons.

Finally the lights were hung, the drink was added and the tape between the stitches and artsy card.
A very nice and well realized page! We dive here in the 1960s, a youth bubble! For my part I have never knit and I regret it today

So you were a mod chick? What fun going down memory lane too. Love the fun vibration in your fabulous Design..

I LOVE THIS! What a great find! It's so cool to look backward in time to recall our younger selves, and also so fun to be reminded of how the pendulum just continues to swing back and forth.... The shorts would probably fit right in during this summer's music festival season, and every year about this time I wish I had saved my old Frye boots and Gunne Sax prairie skirts for my daughters.

A fabulous look back. I love your description of being a classic dresser with a twist. It fits exactly with my image of you through your art. The alpha is awesome, especially with the added lights.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout