Oscraps

Frame It Challenge_Casting Cares Afghan
SharLamb

Frame It Challenge_Casting Cares Afghan

Frame: Anna Aspnes_ArtPlayFindMyWay1_Brush3
(I love this frame of Anna's and come back to it again and again.)

Journaling:
I began knitting this afghan shortly after our financial adviser absconded with our life's savings in her investment fraud. I needed something simple, and could only afford to buy the cheapest yarn Michael's carried. So I knit 48 "squares" (they're not all square!). The soothing action of knittingno pattern or counting or thinkingfreed me up to pray, and I learned more than ever to "cast my cares upon Him." (I Peter 5:7) After the squares were done, and our financial crisis resolved, I lost interest in the project. But another crisis2 years laterthis time with one of our children, brought me, once again, to the point of helplessness and total dependence upon the Lord. The mundane task of sewing the squares together had me praying and casting my cares upon Him again.
What beautiful thoughts and journaling. So glad you found something to keep your hands busy and relax your mind to "cast my cares upon Him." You are talented and creative with so many crafts. Really such a beautiful page.

Breathtaking ... Love to read your thoughts going with the pictures.
Take care!

Love to read your journaling.(nice way to keep your mind on God.)
Beautiful strong colors.

Thank you for sharing your story. I hope both problems are resolved. I love the frame you've used. Perfect for your page!

such powerful journaling. Sounds like the knitting and sewing helped you through some very difficult times. Hope things are better.

...and isn't it good to know a guy who you can put all this on? we need coffee and some talk, Shar.

What a lovely way to cast your cares upon God. I too love knitting and I am going through a bad time with my oldest far away daughter and I am about to start knitting a sweater and hopefully find my place of comfort again. My heart goes out to you and will keep you in my prayers.God has a plan He always does.Hugs

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
SharLamb
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout