Oscraps

FotoInspired 2U Minneapolis Skyways
dwsewbiz

FotoInspired 2U Minneapolis Skyways

“The Minneapolis Skyway System is the largest contiguous system of enclosed, second-level bridges in the world—composed of 9.5 miles of pathways connecting 80 city blocks.”
It was a good way to get some walking in, out of the cold. Filled with artwork, memories of Dillards, and people, it was endlessly stimulating for Oz.
November 10-11, 2021
Credits list
FotoInspired Template Pack 2U
ArtPlay Palette Patience
Adventure Word Art Mix No 2
Button Threadz 5
Fine Edge Frames 2

Quote is a screenshot from Headspace app.

Solid Paper from ArtPlay Patience is the background. Above this are 2 copies of a photo of skyways, set to Vlvid Light blending mode, giving the grid to the background. The red in the background comes from blended photos of the Target logo (headquartered in Minneapolis).
Photos placed in Frames or Masks, some photos simply have a Stroke and Drop Shadow. Upper right photos in Lumosity Blending Mode.
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
The background photo is wonderful here, and I love your use of color.

The colorful artwork is wonderful--was Dillards in Minnesota?--I don't remember that--The Golden Rule and The Emporium, those were some old department stores that I remember.
Oh, and Dayton's

Last edited:
The colorful artwork is wonderful--was Dillards in Minnesota?--I don't remember that--The Golden Rule and The Emporium, those were some old department stores that I remember
It was Dayton's, not Dillards! (Dillards is in Texas and Florida, originally in Arkansas I think) I have corrected my journaling - thanks! If you recall, Mary Tyler Moore is standing outside Dayton's when she throws her hat up into the air (layout on that coming ;-) ) It is closed now, but they have something called the "Dayton's Project" where people share old memories and photos and interpretive artwork, and this fills the skyways.

This is so interesting and there's so much to take in! Thanks for giving us the back story - it makes it even more interesting.

Wonderful! I remember that Mary Tyler Moore scene very well (and the song)! Looking forward to that page, too. Love the skyways.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
dwsewbiz
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename