Oscraps

Female Alien
Miki

Female Alien

We recently found a photo and registration papers when my grandmother came to this country in 1913. A sample of her handwriting and left thumb print were included on this photo. A detailed physical description was included on her Declaration of Intention document (not included on this page). I think it's ironic that immigrants were referred to as aliens and the documentation was at least a mile long! I guess the government didn't want anyone to slip through the cracks back then!

Anna Aspnes
Artplay Palette Hackneyed (free with a $12 purchase or 20% off ... offer valid from Aug 4-11) Artplay Palette Hackneyed
Artplay Palette Storm (transfer) Artplay Palette Storm
Artplay Palette Across the Miles (splatter) Light Leaks 3
Urban Stitchez 11 Urban Stitchez 11
Button Threadz 2 Button Threadz 2
Hipster Plume FotoBlendz 8 Hipster Plume FotoBlendz 8

Process
A solid paper from APP Hackneyed was used as the foundation. The photo (slightly desaturated) was clipped to a fotoblendz mask. The photo was duplicated with the top layer changed to soft light. A transfer from APP Storm and a Light Leak png file were placed between the two photo layers with the blending modes changed to color burn. The silver paint transfer was layered under the the photo, duplicated and flipped horizontally and placed on the left side of the photo. A cluster was created using the card, flower and leaves and layered over the extracted registration card. Splatters, an artstroke, stitchez and embellishments were added to complete the page.

Thank you for looking!
wonderful composition, and an important concept (imo) - our country was founded by and continues to be a country of immigrants.
great subject and page!

adore this, love the photo and family documentation. a family treasure.

How special to have found the document and photo! This page is just wonderful!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Miki
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout