Oscraps

Favorites Change
hoodsmom

Favorites Change

Journaling:

The boys each had a felt stocking decorated with a tree. Every Christmas, from infancy to freshman year in college, we added an ornament to each tree - usually something reflecting their current interests. When I look at the stockings I "see" them growing up.

My son's poem at the bottom left:
JINGLE BELLS (My version)
Jingle coins, jingle coins, jingle all the way
Oh what fun it is to shop in a mall open every day

Dashing through the stores
In that God-#!!? raucous fray
Over the crowds we go, claiming right-of-way
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

Advertisements bring
People to the shops
Just to buy their cheap playthings
Imported from Beijing!

Oh...Jingle dough, jingle dough
jingle with all thy grace
Oh blast it all - I can't find a single parking space

Credits:
Anna Aspnes, Vicki Robinson, FRg, OScraps Rustic Christmas collab

In case anyone's wondering how I did the title, I used the "vectorizer" at the free site rapidresizer.com to generate a **centerline** vector path by uploading a good-quality .png image of the title (and I used a very plain font to make the title). I imported the .svg into Illustrator (altho Photoshop CC2015+ will import svgs directly) and copied the path to PS. I still had to use the pen tool to tidy up the path a bit. Then I stroked the path with a cross-stitching brush and applied a tiny bevel and drop shadow to the layer. (Of course, it's definitely easier to use a stitching font, but I'd been meaning to try this technique out).
Oh I love your tradition! Love the red behind the stocking and the background really contrasts beautifully.

Layout information

Category
2017 12 Days of Christmas - December
Added by
hoodsmom
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout