Oscraps

Extras...
N

Extras...

• NewAdmin
sigh... the wonderful story of gage's birthday yesterday. :) it just makes me smile. :) i kinda lifted myself on the design here... needed some room for journaling. :)

JOURNALING: Did we have your party at a large, high-priced, entertainment hot-spot? Nope. Did we invite every single person we know and make a huge fuss? Nope. Did we break the bank and spend way too much money on way too much stuff? Nope. Did we plan a bunch of activities to make sure everyone was completely entertained the whole time? Nope. Not that either.This year, we did something very different. It wasnt an intentional change. It was actually quite accidental and had me feeling really guilty there for a minute. You see... I wanted to do every single one of these things. I tried to schedule your party at the Incredible Pizza Company, but when they quoted me a price of $500 for 10 kids + adults, I all but left skid marks. I wanted to invite all of your friends from school and from the families we consider close to us, but since we were going to have it at our house and it is so small, there was just no room for anyone but family and 1 or 2 friends from your class. I wanted to get your new bike plus every single thing youve asked for since Christmas... the bike was all we could do... but its a *really* good one. I wanted to plan out games and even asked around and got some awesome ideas, but everyone showed up at once and it just didnt happen. Dad went and got a bunch of balloons and a WWE Wrestling cake, we gave you your bike and as soon as all the kids got here, half of you ran straight to the backyard, the other half to your room with the X-Box and we didnt hear a peep out of any of you until it was time to open presents. You got a ton of wrestling stuff, some stuff for swimming time this summer, some nerf guns and a grand total of $77 in cash and gift cards. Your cousin Jared spent the night and Dad took you two to Wal-Mart to spend some of your money... you bought *more* wrestling stuff and even bought Jared a toy. I wondered while yall were gone if you had a good time and still felt kind of bad for not going all out like we usually do. But when you guys got back, you showed me everything you got with total excitement and off to your room you and Jared went to play with your new toys. When you left the room, Dad told me that you told Jared on the way home that this was like the best day of your life. It just proved to me that I dont have to give you the moon... you just want to be loved and you want to be allowed to be young and play... all the rest is just extras.

PRODUCTS USED:
TAYLORMADE DESIGNS: blue paper... just something i'm playing around with for a new paper pack... (coming soon to oscraps)
Change Media
well first of all... happy birthday gage! Second, your last sentence says it all! Third, when is THAT paper being released?!! That's awesome!

aaaaaaaaaah. AMANDA!!!!!! So glad to hear the party was a success. AWESOME journaling!! love this lo, the design.....it *needs* to be a template (hint, hint). :)

the last sentence really got me...because it's so true!!!

It just proved to me that I dont have to give you the moon... you just want to be loved and you want to be allowed to be young and play... all the rest is just extras.

Amanda, this is just perfect!! Love that pic and your journaling as always is so heart felt...I need to steal that last phrase. Perfection.

Layout information

Category
TaylorMade Designs
Added by
NewAdmin
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout