Oscraps

Easter-ca-1961
LSlycord

Easter-ca-1961

Another page for "My Story". I used one of Karen's templates from the mega collection. I am having so much fun documenting this.

Journaling reads:
My first home was 702 Elm Avenue. The street didn’t go through to the highway when I was little. Later, when they paved it and opened it to the highway, they changed the address to 702 Elm Street. It was a three bedroom ranch that my parents purchased before I was born and we lived there until after I graduated from high school. I loved the location. We were directly across from the combination football field/baseball diamond. Then, Oviatt Elementary (called West Elementary when I went there) was immediately on the other side of the outfield.

If you look closely at the photo, you can tell that the driveway was muddy. I remember when they put fresh gravel down. It seems like a big occasion so I’m not sure if it was dirt before that or if we just needed more rock and Mom was happy to have it so there wasn’t so much mud tracked in.

That wooden screen door was painted a muted green…the trim around the windows was the same. If you look through the screen, you see the door with the window that was a narrow column of glass. I loved the window in that door because when the ball diamond lights were on across the street the light shined directly into the hall across from my bedroom door.

These photos aren’t dated. I’m guessing it was spring of 1961 since Randy wasn’t out hunting eggs with me. I don’t have details but my guess is that I’m using a paper sack to gather my hard boiled eggs because there was a basket filled with candy in the house. And, I am sure that we would have been heading to Grandma Johnson’s once I found my eggs and went back inside to change into my good clothes.

Layout information

Category
Karen Schulz Designs
Added by
LSlycord
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename