I'll look for your glow
among the burning embers
of your fiery soul.
I'll sift through the ashes
in search of the spark
that ignited my mind
and lit up my heart.
Christy Ann Martine

This is a deserted homestead I took a picture of while on one of our bike rides. It always makes me wonder what stories old, deserted homes could tell if they could talk. I think of the burning embers in the poem as being life for the old house and the house is waiting for someone to sift through the ashes in search of just a small spark that would bring life back into it!
Wow.. your page caught my eye because it is so perfectly color-coordinated... what you did to the photo is amazing... and your pensive journaling had me nodding in agreement... anb outstanding layout all around - here's a Standing O from me! #71

Congratulations on the Standing O! This is an amazing layout. The poetry is so thought provoking...and I agree, I always want to know the stories behind the places that are abandoned like that. How did they look once? Who lived there? What were the happy times like?

Now, back to the amazing layout! Your photo treatment is stunning! The colors you selected really do look like dying embers. Every detail is perfect! Thanks for sharing this beauty.

Nice work on your photo treatment. I like how you have the 3 cluster accents to draw the eye about your page. Congrats on your Standing O!

Layout information

Category
Oscraps Cheery O's
Added by
vickyday
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename