Oscraps

Dragonfly
ksacry

Dragonfly

I was out sitting on the patio and a dragonfly landed on the beans growing nearby, so I snapped this picture with my phone. July 30, 2023

Construction: I started this layout with the MultiMedia Frames No 9 #1, knowing that I wanted the dragonfly as an extraction over the top, I added 6x6 ArtsyKardz Vagary #1 (slightly enlarged) to the frame’s mask. I modified the MultiMedia cluster.
I modified my photo of the dragonfly after extraction, by blending several layers, trying to get the translucent wings more prominent. I then placed a layer under the frame at a different angle with just the wings showing (Soft Light, 80% Fill).
I then worked on the background and added ArtsyTransfers Vagary #1 under the frame with just the lace from the Vagary Artsy Layered Template with a couple of blended layers of ArtPlay Palette Genuine Solid Paper #1 for the texture. I decided I wanted a green background, so I added a solid green layer below everything (the green matched the artsy Transfer green). I then added brown Artist Edge Overlays No 9 #1 & #4.
The cluster is Outdoor WordART Clusters No 1 #1 (modified) with Magic Sprinklez No 6 #1 (hue adjustment).
Credits list
ArtPlay Collection Vagary with Bonus is On Sale Now
ArtPlay Vagary Collection
ArtPlay Palette Vagary
MultiMedia Frames No 9
Vagary Artsy Layered Template
Outdoor WordART Clusters No 1

Also On Sale Now ArtsyTransfers Vagary and
ArtsyKardz Vagary MultiPack

Bundle Special for the month of August, when purchased together In The Wild ValuePack 1 then
Butterflies ValuePack No 1 is 1/2 price.
Supplies used in this layout from the bundles:
ArtPlay Palette Genuine (No longer available individually)
Artist Edge Overlays No 9
Magic Sprinklez No 6
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
Beautiful colors and framing with all the bits peeking out. Love how the dragonfly wings are transparent, just like real life. Interesting process to get there.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
ksacry
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename