Oscraps

Divorce
Nani17

Divorce

The journaling, about divorce, is written for adult children. It will go in my cousins books. My Aunt and Uncle divorced 6 years ago. It was uncomfortable for a little while, but they can both be at the same family gatherings without much friction now.

For me personally, my Aunt was my Aunt for 34 years and she is still my cousins Mother and will always be my Aunt. Im truly glad my Uncle is okay with that! (Id miss him f he wasnt!) ;)

Journaling reads:

One of the most difficult, painful and final things we face is death. Its not easy to understand and accepting the loss and moving on is necessary, but it takes time, for everyone.

Divorce is the death of a marriage, the dissolving of a union that was intended to last forever. When that union doesnt work and is brought to an end, the same emotions cause pain, remorse, guilt, anger. The people touched by the loss wonder the same things as they do in a death of a loved one. What happened? Could I have prevented this in some way? Why?

Divorce doesnt happen all at once. It is the culmination of people growing in different directions, making mistakes and failed attempts to correct those mistakes. There is poor judgment at times and words spoken that cause pain. And then two adults make the choice to end the pain they are causing each other and those who love them.

As with any loss, there is a period of adjusting, accepting a new normal. For a while there is distance and confusion. But in time, wounds heal, relationships strengthen and the family repairs itself, bringing the new normal into the everyday celebration of family love.

Credits - Kit One Autumn Evening by Darlene Haughin at stoneaccentsstudio.com, wedding bands extracted from photo.

Fonts - Angelina, Apple Chancery, Font Diner.com, Britanic Bold, Geneva

link to kit - http://tinyurl.com/OAE-SAS
There are no comments to display.

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Nani17
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating