Oscraps

Distant Places
B

Distant Places

My granddaughter Sophia took this photo while she was an exchange student in Germany last summer. This photo is from an afternoon outing with her host family in the town where they live.

ArtPlay Palette FernwehArtPlayPaletteDernweh
UrbanThreadz FotoBlendz Frames No. 1UrbanThreadzFotoBlendzFramesNo.1
Travel WordART Mix No. 1TravelWordARTMixNo.1
Spackle Textured No. 8SpackleTexturedNo.8
ArtsyStains No. 7ArtsyStainsNo.7
ButtonThreadz No. 3ButtonThreadzNo.3
Photo: Sophia Reed
Font: Becky

Notes: Starting with solid paper 2 and bringing in the urban threads frame and photo, I duplicated the photo, clipping to each blendz and the mask. I moved them in the layers panel afterwards and blended. I also clipped artsy paper 2 to the mask/photo and blended to Linear Burn then adding overlay 1 to the sky. I put these layers into a group.

Bringing in transfers and placing them on either side of the photo and added the spackle textures and stains, using colors from the photo for the stains. They were also blended along with the word art transfers. I also used brushes from the APP around the photo. Underneath the clipping set I added the paper texture.

After adding the title I placed the wildflower, button and button threads then added the place and date around the frame. I believe that finished the page.
Barbara, I'm thinking your granddaughter might want to frame this charming composition! Love how the row of boats flow out of the frame and the vertical 'sprigs' of grass to the left of the photo!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout