Oscraps

Disaster! (AnnaLift)
hoodsmom

Disaster! (AnnaLift)

LO done mostly from scratch but I did incorporate a couple Anna elements.

Fonts: VTCSundaykomixcaps, Kraash Black

Comic effect done by applying a poster edges filter and levels adjustment to each photo, then adding a halftone pattern overlay. I think I got the (free) halftone patterns from https://blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/freebies/free-pack-of-12-distressed-halftone-pattern-textures (spoongraphics.co.uk). For images this small, the pattern works better than using the built-in color halftone effect

Journaling:
As is usual for us, we set out to do our laundry on the last day of the tour. As we've done all over the Europe, we set the dryer on high and put in enough money for 30 minutes. A heat wave enveloped the city, so we were glad to escape to a Starbucks at a Sainsbury's just across the street. However, when we returned, to our horror almost all of our clothing had been destroyed - either burned or covered in melted nylon from our favorite, now ruined, traveling pants. The laundromat staff shrugged at our misfortune, so we didn't feel bad about not highlighting the fact that bits of nylon were also fused to their dryer drum. With only a couple hours left to find replacement clothing for two days in Paris, we desperately sought the address of the nearest sporting goods store from a bellman at our hotel. Instead, he pointed us to TK Maxx, the British equivalent of TJ Maxx. Dave tried to keep us in the shade as much as possible during the 15-minute rush to the store. TK Maxx turned out to be an enormous, three-story affair at which I had tremendous difficulty finding anything, especially shirts, that I was willing to wear in public. Not understanding European sizing didn't help either. It suddenly hit me that I needed to shop in the men's department rather than the women's. I quickly located a couple of men's t-shirts (embarrassingly thin, but I figured I'd be wearing my travel vest). I counted myself fortunate that I'd actually found moisture-wicking underwear to which I'd never treated myself. We raced back to hotel, arriving in time for the group dinner with considerably less money but a very entertaining story. Dave thinks he gained an extra pair of shorts from this ordeal; I say that they look like something you'd find in a ghetto. He's now seeking a second opinion.
Well you certainly turned a nightmare into an entertaining memory! Super journaling and comic design!

LOL Love that you put it in comic format. I guess the best deal of that story is that you got to try the wicking fabric. Sounds like Dave better keep those as "house only" shorts.

What an adventure. Glad you found the humor and something to wear. Love the bold art. Thanks for playing along. I, too, love halftones.

That's quite a story. Love that you turned it into a comic.
The halftone effect is perfect.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
hoodsmom
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout