Oscraps

Deck the Halls
B

Deck the Halls

Autumn is a creative and likes to take stylized photos and this is one of them. Next fall shell start college majoring in graphic design. I will be living vicariously through her and picking her brain. Im just a little envious of her journey, something I didnt feel when my own daughter went to college. I was too busy missing her and paying for her education. But now, with my granddaughter, its a little different. I makes me realize what I missed out on.

ArtPlay Palette AuriferousArtPlayPaaletteAuriferous
Holiday WordART Mix No. 5HolidayWordARTMixNo.5
Holiday WordART Mix No. 6HolidayWordARTMixNo.6
MultiMedia Holiday No. 3MultiMediaHolidayNo.3
Everygreens No. 2EvergreensNo.2
MultiLayered FotoBlendz No. 4MultiLayeredFotoBlendzNo.4
Photo: Autumn Reed

Process Notes: After bringing in the photo to my new 12 x 12 file, I brought in different papers to see which would work the best and decided on artsy paper 2. Adding a layer mask to the photo, I brushed away the edges of the photo I didnt want. Underneath in the layers panel I placed the fotoblendz and clipped solid paper 3 to it and put the mask on Color Burn, which gave it a richer look. In-between the photo and fotoblendz/paper layers I placed the frame. I duplicated the photo one more time and used Screen blend mode at 100% opacity which brightened it up.

Below these layers I added transfers from the palette under the photo extending the floor and the left side of the page. Adding the word art over these layers, I ran a style on it.

Placing and resizing the birdie on Autumns hand, I duplicated the bird a couple more times and blending it to Linear Burn and Darker Color respectively. I put a glow behind it to bring it out even more.

I hung the stocking and cones on the word art using a layer mask to erase the parts that should be behind the words.

Below in the layer stack I brought in more word art on the left side of the frame and running down the page. The evergreen brushes were recolored by locking down their layers and using a AnnaBlendz brush on them and using colors from the photo and paper. One is peaking out from the left side of the frame and the other is flowing from the cones down the page. Over that evergreen, I placed the star and jingle bells, shadowing them. That is how I created this layout.
Beautiful photo treatment...love that little bird. The warm feelings definitely "shine" through.

Love the golden tones and beautiful photo of your granddaughter. I know what you mean by living vicariously through our grandchildren! Beautiful page!

adore the glow, the lights around her neck, makes such a pretty picture. I find myself yearning to go back to college or even high school and take literature and art classes (I was a professional engineer for 35 years ;-); I too envy the young their world of today.

So gorgeous! Love how you hung the cones and stocking. Just that little touch adds so much to this already beautiful layout.

This page is fantastic, the photo is so beautiful like your granddaughter, great blending and texture, I love the beautiful elements!!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout