Oscraps

Day 8 - My favorite Christmas memory
ouisiekelly

Day 8 - My favorite Christmas memory

A Miracle in Havana
I am so excited I cant sleep. My brother, on the other hand, is sound asleep. I dont think he understands what an important night this is. How can you go to sleep when tonight the Three Wise Kings will bring us presents! I cant wait till morning to look under my bed and see all the beautiful presents they brought me. After all, they sure brought nice presents to baby Jesus! I keep my eyes shut tight just in case they come when I am awake. See, we are not supposed to see them. If they know we are awake, they leave without giving us anything. I really dont understand how they get inside the house, so I asked my mom. She said that they are very magical and they get very, very little and just come in under the door as if they were little ants, then when they are inside, the get big again. It must be nice to be able to do that. Can you imagine how many places I could into?
Silently, I begin to review the list of toys I asked for. Wellmostly books really. I love to read. But I also asked a doll with blond hair and coloring pencils, the nice ones, Prismacolor. I want a box of at least 100 different colors. Is it morning yet? It still looks so dark. Maybe if Im really quiet I can take a peak and my mom wont hear me. I just want to know if it is almost morning. Quietly I tip-toe to the hall and notice that the living room light is on. I walk closer and see that my mom is in the rocking chair. Is she watching TV so late? I hear something. I stand quietly and suddenly the sounds become clear, someone is crying. My mom is crying. Whats wrong? I want to run to her and ask her and hug her, but something stops me. Just as quietly I go back to bed. Now I really cant sleep. Why is mommy crying, she should be happy that tomorrow we will have beautiful presents from the Three Wise Kings.
After what seemed like hours, I hear a very soft knock on the front door. This is really being a strange night. I get up again and peak. I can see my mom opening the door just a crack. There is a pause, and suddenly she throws the door wide open and she starts crying really hard. But I think she sounds happy now, not sad like before. There at the front door stand my abuelos, my grandparents, loaded with shopping bags. They are hugging each other and crying together. Then I understood, what was happening. My grandparents were bringing toys! They were the Three Wise Kings! My mom had been crying because she had no money to buy presents for us. She knew how sad and disappointed we would be in the morning and that she would have to explain to me and my brother the truth about the Three Wise Kings. My grandparents came to the rescue and proved that miracles do happen. I became a little older that day, and a little wiser. I went back to bed and fell sound asleep, and in the morning, under my bed, I found the most gorgeous doll, my coloring pencils and many books.

12 Days of Christmas Merry and Bright collaborator
Emeto Designs Christmas Story
SD- this is me
A beautiful story artfully told. How wonderful to experience the scene between your mother and grandparents ... and very sweet of you to simply go back to bed. I am wondering did you ever tell your mother what you saw that night?

Layout information

Category
2018 12 Days of December
Added by
ouisiekelly
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout