Oscraps

Day 7 - Lyrics - Don't Shoot Butterflies
hoodsmom

Day 7 - Lyrics - Don't Shoot Butterflies

I have long admired the talented scrappers who create art dolls and vintage portrait LO's - but those genres are not exactly my thing. Still, I'm giving them a go.

The quote is by "anonymous."
The butterfly wings really are from Meek's Alexandra birdwing specimen.
The rifleman is "Confederate sergeant with a large Bowie knife and rifle, photographer unknown, 1861-1865," from the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Process notes:
I extracted the soldier and the butterfly.
Clipped the soldier to a transfer and discovered by accident that everything looked better when I applied a glowing edges filter to the transfer.
Put the butterfly on its own layer above the soldier layer and masked the soldier's body, making it appear that the wings are behind the soldier.
Applied color and levels adjustments separately to the butterfly and soldier so that their colors matched.
Then it was just a matter of getting the various embellishment layers in the correct order.
  • Love
Reactions: ksacry
This is a very successful and powerful page, evoking all sorts of emotions; really well done!

Very interesting page - I like the soldier with the butterfly in the background and the journaling. I also like the background with the small use of color.
Thank you so much for taking part in the challenge.

Brilliant to place the butterfly behind the man! Your use of the patterns, both in the background and the lines really show off the butterfly pattern.

what a fun page. i love your title/quote and your photo collage with the soldier and the butterfly. brilliant.
i also like the colours and your wonderfully balanced design. great page.

Your journaling is so interesting--always great to learn some new facts through the art of digital scrapping!

Layout information

Category
Oscraps 17th Birthday Party (2023)
Added by
hoodsmom
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename