Oscraps

Day 7 - Dashing Through the Snow
Since I grew up with Sun, Sand, Surf and summer for Xmas, Xmas to me now means Snow. Or at least it did back when I first arrived in Canada 22 years ago!!

For the first 5 years I was in Canada we would get regular snow falls during the winter months - sometimes as much as 3 to 4 feet deep of snow. But for the last 15 years or so, our Xmas seasons have been very sparse of snow. At least down on the lake shore where I live. Some claim it to be the "Lake effect" that while the lake itself may freeze, the shore line gets no snow.

Mind you 10 miles back from the lake shore the snow still piles high as much as 3 to 4 feet deep. But not down on the lake shore. Thank you Climate change!!

Xmas to me used to mean snow. Now it means the idea of snow and a sleigh - things I have not been able to do for way too many years now.

This is just a simple Layout, but I am trying out the elements to see just how to create a 3-D scene for Xmas.

Dashing through the Snow, on a one horse open sleigh,
O'er the fields we do, Laughing all the way...
I love this picture! I love how it looks like you are looking through a big window at the wonderful scene outside!

Love the picture window effect! Looks like the house is right on the street that the horse-drawn carriage is traveling!

Love the picture window effect! Looks like the house is right on the street that the horse-drawn carriage is traveling!

I see it as the street making a slight turn coming towards the window and then another turn disappearing between the window and the house on the right - you just cant see the street disappearing into that (bottom right) corner past the Xmas tree.

Like I said this was my first attempt at a 3-D scene. I still need to work on my perspective....

I see it as the street making a slight turn coming towards the window and then another turn disappearing between the window and the house on the right - you just cant see the street disappearing into that (bottom right) corner past the Xmas tree.

Like I said this was my first attempt at a 3-D scene. I still need to work on my perspective....
Sorry, Robynne! I phrased my comment incorrectly for what I meant. Your description is what I see, too! When I said "on the street" I didn't mean actually on it. Sorry! Hope you don't think I was being critical because I certainly wasn't! I love your page! #clap

Sorry, Robynne! I phrased my comment incorrectly for what I meant. Your description is what I see, too! When I said "on the street" I didn't mean actually on it. Sorry! Hope you don't think I was being critical because I certainly wasn't! I love your page! #clap

That's OK and Thank you.

I did not take it as being critical. You were just making an observation.

I'm actually pretty easy going with people making "observations". I don't mind at all.

But I do still need to work on my perspective. :D

Layout information

Category
2022 - 12 Days of December
Added by
Robloz55
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata