Oscraps

DAY 4: Evolved Tradition
isDK

DAY 4: Evolved Tradition

We loved the views and being right on the river. You watched the elk on the other side, and it was a great place to stay except for the futon. We'd keep in mind that it was cabin 205, but probably experiment and try something else next year. This was our first trip with a Govee and we loved having it along.
Credits list
aA: WordyTA, WordArt, brushes
Lorie Davison: Paper, button w stitches & heart
oscraps.com/community/threads/day-4-journaling-challenge-challenge.34528/
small print in followup post
Small print too hard to read. The text blocks:
We had finally started to nail down the details toward making our December Estes Park trip into a holiday tradition.
As we left to drive home on Friday we didn’t know whether they were going to shut down the government again, but we were thankful the park had been open and we had been able to celebrate our holiday with a caramel macchiato and to actually find the elk herd.
We thought about Christmas Day in 2017 when we were thwarted at the entrance to the park. They said on the news that RMNP was open, but we got there to find everyone parked just yards inside the gate and the road was closed. We hiked a little bit and it was a beautiful day, but it was still disappointing. A government shutdown, just a political show of strength and it hurt a lot of people.
As I packed up my stuff, I saw two elk outside my window and went out on the deck to get a photo. One stood up, then ate grass for half an hour. Finally when I took a second to look again they were gone.
Right at sunrise, one last look at Fall River behind our cabin before our trip home. In less than an hour we were home for our coffee by 8 am.

Beautiful photos of the elk. Love the inclusion of the red Jeep. The futon doesn't sound like fun, but the time spent in capturing the beauty is well worth it. The stars are a nice touch, too.

Great page! Love the positioning of all the journaling blocks. Thanks for joining the challenge.

I love the design of your page and you got some fabulous photos, too! I also enjoyed reading about your Christmas memories. These two pages remind me of why we scrapbook.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
isDK
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename