Oscraps

Day 1: Magical mismatch
svanderhaegen

Day 1: Magical mismatch

JOURNALING:
In the world of festive traditions and family stories, there is one figure that has found its way into the hearts of many during the month of December: the Elf on the Shelf. This small, mischievous creature appears in a new spot in the house every morning, ready to spread its magic and fill the house with the spirit of the holidays. But as the saying goes, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder," and this certainly applies to my experience with the Elf on the Shelf.

As a parent, I was immediately enchanted by the idea of the Elf on the Shelf. It seemed like a fun way to add to the holiday cheer and an extra dose of magic to the already festive month of December. I imagined how my two boys would be excited each morning to discover what antics the Elf had pulled the previous night. Unfortunately, reality turned out to be a little different.

For in my enthusiasm, I forgot one crucial aspect: children have their own will and tastes. What was considered magical and cute to me, my boys simply did not like. After two years of trying my best to integrate the Elf on the Shelf into our family, I had to conclude with regret that my boys just didn't feel the magic. The innocent pranks of the Elf brought irritation rather than wonder to my children. My attempts to embrace the magic of the Elf seemed to fail time and again. It was clear that the elf did not fit into our family. And so, after two years, I said goodbye to our elf.
Credits list
ArtPlay Palette Santa's Elf by Anna Aspnes (2011)
MultiMedia Christmas Trees No 3 by Anna Apsnes (2014)
ArtsyTransfers Pierian by Anna Aspnes (2017)
PaperTextures No 4 by Anna Aspnes
  • Love
Reactions: *sylvia*
I enjoyed reading your journaling, Sonja. So cool and true. Your notebook is brilliantly made and decorated. Thank you for participating in my challenge.

Beautiful!!! Never had Elf on the Shelf but love seeing everyone's photos of the antics they get into. You scrapped this wonderfully.. love the TN style!

The elf made its appearance after my kids were grown. I think the girls would have liked it, but not the boys. I think they would have pulled their own mischief with the elf!
Love your journal and the journaling!

Layout information

Category
2023 - 12 Days of December
Added by
svanderhaegen
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata