Oscraps

Curiosity
musicmom3

Curiosity

Trs Bon Artplay Palette **coming tomorrow**
Trs Bon Brushes No. 1 **coming tomorrow**
Trs Bon WordArtMIX No. 1 **coming tomorrow**

Notes in Photoshop Elements 14
Not an easy photo to scrap, this one of my daughter sticking her head into an oversize jug at a garden in Sonoma in 2014, but it comes with a ton of memories so I wanted to preserve it. I've always related to the Albert Einstein quote and, with this Artplay Palette and release, I was finally able to put together a memory page that captured what I was feeling at the time.

I started with Einstein and the photo over Artsy Paper #3. My idea was to have flowers pouring out of the bottom of the jug, to promote the curiosity theme, so I then added the floral Artsy Paper #1, rotated it, and blended it and the photo together using inverted masking. Then came even more flowers...a mix of stuff in the Artplay Palette and the Trs Bon Brush Set. Since I am in Anna's new Photoshop Elements Brushes class, I am pushing myself to grow more comfortable with the actual brushes rather than always using the pngs, so I spent a lot of time fiddling with all the brushes...using them in various colors, on different blend modes, and clipping things to them.

After that came the dimensional elementsI dropped a big pink flower in the center above the background paper and under the other layers for a nice misty look, and then distressed it with more of the brushes. I then dragged the big yellow flower under everything to the left, changing the hue/saturation levels to an orangey color to match the color palette. I added the frame (because my daughter was getting lost in all the brushwork!), using a rusty-colored stroke around it and making it black by duplicating and applying exclusion blending mode. The word art, bow, button, and word label finished off this memory page.

It felt good to be done!
Love the horizontal design and fun photo! Truly an explosion of color! Gorgeous page and wonderful memory!

Perfect pairing of photo and quote!!! Love how the big jar 'tumbles' into your cool floral/bike arrangement!

A sensational page wow! Fantastic blended, great how the images go into each other, a fantastic piece of Art!!

J'adore tout sur cette page! The picture, the earthy colors, the horizontal mass of stuff, especially that bicycle! Plus I can relate...I am always sticking my head into things, standing up or on things, hanging from things, etc :) Oh and it's so very Sonoma :)

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout