Oscraps

Coyote Creek Flood
dwsewbiz

Coyote Creek Flood

If you've heard anything about the flooding of Coyote Creek from the Anderson Dam and evacuations and flooding in San Jose, that's my hood. I walk or bike the trails of this creek nearly every day, and for many years there was not a drop of water in the creek. This week the dam overflowed and the water level in the creek surged to over 14 feet (they have been letting water out of the dam for months and we've been enjoying a nice flow of water in the creek). We live up the hill from the creek so are safe, but the damage and loss to my trail, creek and parks makes me sad. BTW the drought is over, at least for now ;-)

Anna Aspnes:
ArtPlay Palette Traveler
Artsy Layered Template 68 (triple frame)
Artsy Template Multipack (frames)
ArtPlay Palette H2O
Multimedia Branches 8
ArtPlay Palette Globe Trotter (bike)
Button Threadz 2

Jen Maddocks Designs - Regarding Trees

The book "At The Water's Edge" has nothing to do with this, I am just continuing to use literary references and sometimes include a picture of the book. This was, however, a very enjoyable book, as was Water for Elephants :)
I have heard of these tragedies via our news... so so sad... in the upper part of your state, they are having a similar issue with a dam... I watch closely, since my oldest son lives in California... I hope that all moderates before long and your area can be enjoyed.These are such great images depicting the dilemma!!!

so sad about your trail and the flooding in SJ, but very glad you are safe. your design perfectly capture the effects of the flood. (I work in hi tech, so i've been to SJ many timesit's a vibrant, electric city filled with smart and engaging people. hope the city recovers quickly.)

I've been reading about the dam in the Uk but this makes it so real! Great spread recording what has happened and I truly hope that the repairs they are attempting will stop any further damage to the area!

The flooding is tragic, so much damage to a beautiful area. Glad you are ok and love the visual documentation!

Wow, that's crazy. From a dry creek bed to this! The flowers are a hopeful twist, and I did notice you managed to sneak in a literary reference. I always look for that!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
dwsewbiz
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout