Oscraps

Counting Daffodils
dwsewbiz

Counting Daffodils

I've been intrigued by process notes telling of laying papers over photos for blending. I'm not sure I've done that. Wouldn't work for many of my photos, because I try hard to take good photos then I don't want to over-process them. But for yesterday's journal page, using a book illustration and a poor photo off the internet, since I was trying to tell stories, the photos mattered less than the effects :)

So, this is mostly Anna Aspnes ArtPlay Palette Crazy Life papers and transfers below and above the photos, using Multiply, Linear Light, Overlay and Linear Burn, masking all layers to brush, erase and blend as needed.
Also:
Multimedia Flowers 2 (big daffodil in the upper corner, word art)

Full spread:
19-Feb-Gardens-amp-Magic_zps6mv4jpii.jpg

Journaling:
Ive been counting daffodils this week. There are now 7 daffodil bulbs
blooming like bright yellow beaming
trumpets in the front yard. Daffodils always make me think of The Secret Garden.

Youll see bits o green spikes stickin out o th black earth after a bit.
What will they be? asked Mary.
Crocuses an snowdrops an daffydowndillys.

I dont know when I first read The Secret Garden. I have always wished I had religiously kept a reading diary. Im still trying to do so. I most likely read it in grammar school. I dont think this was something Mom read to me. She would read to me from the encyclopedias, I think. I hope those encyclopedias are still there at the house. I want those lovely old books bound in red and gold with that musty old book smell. Somewhere in them must be fairy tales.

I think I bought my copy of The Secret Garden later, as an adult, to savor a happy childhood reading memory. Did I read it to Megan? I dont remember, but I think so

My daffodil garden is no secret, right in front of the house, but sometimes I think no one else really sees it, thats just not what this neighborhood is about. But thats OK, I see it, and Ill keep counting.
I just saw "The Secret Garden" while buzzing on one of my errands today, and I was drawn to buy it as I don't think I ever read it as a child. I didn't make the purchase. Now, after seeing your beautiful layout, I should have followed my instinct. You just keep counting and be proud of every single one!

I love how the pages of the spread work together. The muted colors you've created against that lovely textured paper are luscious.

The Secret Garden never appealed to me, but after seeing your page, I think it's time I read it. Beautiful color and page. I can't wait to count my daffodils!

I know exactly what you mean about trying to take good photos, but this is a beautiful spread, nice playing!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
dwsewbiz
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout