Oscraps

Contemplating Antiques
scrap-genie

Contemplating Antiques

Journaling reads:
We have furniture and jewelry, tools and kitchen items from the houses of grandparents, parents, even aunts and uncles. Many of them are things we really use. Sometimes it feels like living in a museum. Sometimes it is hard not to feel like another of the antiques! The lion's head rocking chair came from my maternal grandmother. My father had it and refinished it beautifully. Now it is mine.
Credits:
Recollection by Joanne Brisebois

fonts: Angel Tears, Hurry Up, 1942 report, CrayonE
Wow- that carving is amazing- love how you took your portrait with it. The journaling is wonderful and the kit so fits the intent of your layout- well done!

H
Wow...what a treasure!!! You are very lucky to get something so beautiful from your grandmother!! It is amazing and an amazing photo of you too!!!

Beautifully scrapped. The light green background perfect for your self-portrait. I, too live amongst antiques from grandparents and family. I find it comforting. Wish I had a chair like yours tho :)

I feel just like "J" I feel comforted by the things my mother and grandmother have left me! Wonderful self portrait and love the font you used for your journaling!

wonderful self portrait! your chair is beautiful. you are fortunate to have so much history to touch.

How lovely to see you Jean. And what a wonderful story you weaved, drawing us into your history - thank you so much for sharing with us.

Layout information

Category
Challenge 1
Added by
scrap-genie
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout