Oscraps

Collapsing into Change - Websters Garden - Feuillemort
lacy

Collapsing into Change - Websters Garden - Feuillemort

I started this one on Wednesday and almost tossed it. But revisiting and changing a few things made it tolerable. It's still very green around here. And it was a traumatic week. I had to find a new hairdresser! Yikes!

Journaling:
October 11, 2023
I had to find a new hairdresser after almost 20 years seeing Ginger, who recently retired. I often told everyone that I hated my hair all my life until I met Ginger. I found a new lady, still about 30 min. away. But just down the street from her house/shop, was this delightful little spot called Websters Garden in Pryor OK. It was a vacant lot in a cul-de-sac, backed up to a small creek, with the garden created over the years by one of the neighborhood ladies, Mrs. Webster I presume. There was a little bit of color. It’s still pretty green around here, with temps in the 80’s this week. But the trauma of a haircut by someone other than Ginger was soothed by finding this little gem. And the haircut was OK, I think she’ll do fine. But I will definitely look forward to visiting the garden every time I get my hair cut.

The Artsy Layered Template was placed, some layers moved or removed. The bridge photo was clipped to FotoBlendz mask, stains etc. were recolored. Other photos were clipped to the small frames. A duplicate copy of the red leaves photo was reverse masked for the OOB leaves. Solid Paper 2 was blended with Solid Paper 4 (blend mode Difference). Embellishments include twigs, leaf, MM Leaves, flower, Stained Glow, Butterfly Glow, word art, title, and journaling. Completed with a Gradient Fill at the top, blend mode Soft Light.
Credits list
ArtPlay Collection Feuillemort
ArtPlay Palette Feuillemort (solid papers 2 & 4, twigs)
Artsy Layered Template 276
Feuillemort FotoBlendz 1-4
Autumn WordART Mix 4 (Collapse, transfer)

October Autumn Value Pack No 3:
ArtPlay Palette Glance (white leaf)
ArtPlay Palette Woodland (flower)

October Autumn Value Pack No 2:
MultiMedia Leaves 3-4

Other assets used:
Stained Glows 1-7
Warm Glows 8-3
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
  • Love
Reactions: zlemon
Gorgeous! Love how the darker background allows the photos to be the stars of the page!

ha ha what a great story! I can identify with much of it - only in my case, I decided to stop paying people for haircuts I don't like and I do it myself! Yup, cut, bleach, color - my hub helps with shaving the back of my neck :) Anyway, I think this is a delightful page! It's just the kind of thing I would notice, it too would make my day, and I too would document it. :heartpumplove:

I feel your dilemma .I lost my hairdresser of many years to mental health issue.My pursuit of a replacement has been fruitless.I am doing something like dwsewbiz but not happy at all.I have always had the same hairstyle since school-age, so it seems simple... not.Covid did not help.Oh,my..... Love your journey from hairdresser to beautiful garden.Sometimes issues are resolved in a way that makes us smile and wonder why we fretted.I love the darker back ground as Miki pointed out.The twigs pop.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
lacy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename