Oscraps

Challenge2_Prompt_Memory_The Plain Red Slippers
SharLamb

Challenge2_Prompt_Memory_The Plain Red Slippers

Journaling:
I think this may be my earliest memory.

My mother and I were at a shoe store, or more likely, the shoe section of a department store such as JC Pennys or Sears. The object was to buy me some slippers. I must have been about three years old.

Mom and the salesman were all excited about the display of dozens of cute slippers--every kind of animal and Disney character imaginable, in a rainbow of colors. I can picture them lined up on a mirrored wall. But down on the shelf, below all the adorable selections, sat a plain dull red pair of slippers with some cream-colored fur. It took me no time at all to look them all over and decide on the little plain-Jane slippers.

They were both so disappointed that they kept enticing me with others of the cuter slippers, bringing them down one by one for me to examine. These are so cute! Wouldnt you rather have these?

I agreed that all the other slippers were cute, but I continued to insist on the red ones. So the salesman reluctantly left to go to the back room to get a pair in my size.

Then I had my first ah-ha moment. I hadnt realized that I wasnt going to get the specific pair from the shelf. I had chosen the red slippers because they were the only ones on display that were a pair. The presentation of the cute slippers included only one of each. I knew one wasnt enough, and I certaintly did NOT want two that didnt match!

By the time I realized that the display slippers were only samples of what was available in the back room, I was too embarrassed to change my mind.

Oscraps-MA-PAPER-holliewood2
KittyDesigns-MagicalMomentsFreebie-PP2
Anna Aspnes_ScissorScallopedMasks2_3
Anna Aspnes_APPJoyful_ButtonFlower
Loved reading that. Had to smile. You've brought back some memories for me too.

What a great story! Love your take on this challenge and I bet you went for the cute slippers the next time you needed a new pair LOL!! Fabulous page!

Layout information

Category
Challenge 2
Added by
SharLamb
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout