Oscraps

Challenge 4_Lyric_Born Too Late
SharLamb

Challenge 4_Lyric_Born Too Late

Dido Designs Shine Notion Set_paper 01
Anna Aspnes_ArtPlaySunFun_WarmGlow1
Anna Aspnes_ArtPlayStingAndBite_EdgeOverlay

For most of my youth,roller skating was my main activity. I began when I was only three years old, and was quite a good dance skater by my teen years. The dreamboat of Rollerland (Renton, Washington), was Les.All the other guys routinely asked me to skate, but Les would never even make eye-contact with me. He was just a few years older than I was, so Im pretty sure he was afraid of losing face among the other guys by showing any interest in me. It was about the time the Poni-Tails came out with the song,Born Too Late. It wasnt long before I had that song memorized, and always day-dreamed of Les when I heard it on the radio. He finally did ask me to skate, but only once, and never said a word throughout the dance. . . . . . . . . I am very sad to say that there is not a single photograph of me skating. One of the worst days of my life was when Rollerland burned down in July of 1963. Ive never been in a skating rink that measured up to it, with its beautiful hardwood floors, and magnificent Balcom & Vaughn 4-manual console organ. As soon as Pete, the organist saw me enter the floor, he used to play a blues so I could dance my favorite, the Dench Blues.

You tube link to a girl dancing the Dench Blues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5u0rjLaqls

Yes! I used to do that!!!
ow wow that must have been so great to do! Love your journaling and photo treatment! Great page!

A wonderful story, a fabulous page!! How awesome that you were such a great skater!! Too bad no photos of your Dreamboat!! LOL but you will always have your great memories!!

What a totally wonderful story, I was hanging on your every word and went straight off to YouTube following your link. Thank you so much for sharing this with us - I will forever think of you, and indeed your dreamboat when I see roller skaters from now on!

Layout information

Category
Challenge 4
Added by
SharLamb
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout