Oscraps

Bygone
musicmom3

Bygone

Products:
Antiquity Artsy Transfers**coming soon**
Frame, Embellishments, and Background: Antiquity Artplay Palette **on sale now** http://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Palette-Antiquity.html
Antiquity Word Art Mix No. 1 **on sale now** http://www.oscraps.com/shop/Antiquity-WordART-Mix-No.-1.html
12x12 Stitch Artist Overlay No. 1 (retired)
Multimedia Branches No. 5 http://www.oscraps.com/shop/MultiMedia-Branches-No.-5.html
Broken glass from textures.com

Process (in Photoshop Elements 14):

I began my layout by clipping my photo to a squarish Fotoblendz, one that would not cut off too much of the edges since the photo had a tightish crop. I grabbed a bit of the photo to feature as a cameo in the Cabinet Card frame from the Artplay Palette and then added the backgroundsolid paper #3.

The big typed words came next. I used four different fonts, applying a modest drop shadow to each word, then clipped papers from the Artsy Palette to all the words. From there I added texture with the Artsy Transfers, both clipping layers to the words and letting layers float on top of the words using different blending modesthe stain layers were really good for this. I adjusted the edges with layer masks to keep the stain where I wanted it.

Journaling followed, and then I added the piece of broken glass on top of the photo. I created a raised background by sliding a piece of white paper underneath and applying a huge drop shadow.

Before I added the embellishments, I pulled in Artsy Transfer No. 5 over the background paper to provide more texture and shading. Just a few embellishments followedthe rose, foliage, a word overlay, a multimedia branch, and a white stitch overlay.
Spectacular! This is such an intriguing page--love all the hard work you have put in to it to create this masterpiece. Love that broken glass, too!!
Mind-blowing!

Not only do I think your page is artistically gorgeous, I am so intrigued with your journaling. Also love the placement of the words and treatment. What a great idea of using a paper to create that wonderful shadow under the photo giving it added interest, like you can peak under the photo to get the answer. Love that broken glass, I will have to check out that site. Your page is full of meaning, as all your pages are.

Gorgeous page! I often wonder what happened to the carefree, enjoy life attitude that my mother had when younger also. Love the symbolism of the broken glass and honest journaling.

powerful would be an understatement -- so much meaning in every area -- the broken glass ... I am so extremely lucky to have felt my mother's love. Why was it so difficult for some women then to show their feelings ... was life really that hard? or when they so completely unhappy?

Lovely, lovely LO -- I luv the colors and the depth you have here - fabulous ;)

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout