Oscraps

BUS 2
musicmom3

BUS 2

I made this page about my daughter's trip to Costa Rica last January, but recently revised it with a repeat pattern of a blue postage stamp, set on different blending modes, to make a border. (Tutorial coming soon on the aA blog.)

Products:
Postage stamp: Together Artplay Palette: http://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Palette-Together.html
PapersMagic Rabbit Artplay Palette [ link ] Traveler Artplay Palette [ link ] Crazy Life Artplay
Palette [ link ]
LoopedUrbanThreadz No. 1: [ link ]
BeadBeadedThreadz No. 3: [ link ]
Leaves: FotoblendzLayeredTemplate No. 9 (retired)
Metro Graffiti Brushes (retired)
Paper Textures No. 2 (retired)
Tire Tread Frames No. 1 (retired)

Process:
I started with the photo, clipping it and duplicates of it to a variety of brushes. I added the Tire Tread frames, blending them into the background with various modes. I pulled in the leaves from the template and clipped a green paper to them, and then the fun began. I distressed everything with brushes and textures, recoloring some of it, but mostly relying on black, blending modes, and changes in opacity. I added the title and journal snippet last.
EDIT: The empty space around the edges of the layout just called out for something, so several months later, I chose a repeat pattern of the blue postage stamp to pick up the blue in the photo. I duplicated the stamp and made a drizzle of shapes on each side, blending each stamp into the background using various modes. To alter the stamps even further, as a last step I adjusted the color of some of the stamps with the hue/saturation tool.
I go and revisit old pages but then think I shouldn't change them as that was me then!! I should because some are dreadful!! But I love how you went and didn't change anything except adding stuff.

I love all those blended stamps and those tire treads. I have to say, that big bus rocker is awesome.

The stamps are the perfect addition to the page! Love the grunge, also!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout