Oscraps

Bluebird In My Heart
Miki

Bluebird In My Heart

Did you ever have one of those pages where you love parts of it but can't get it to work? This is one of those pages for me. I love the colors of the mini kit and Anna's gorgeous transfers, but couldn't pull the page together. I did it 3 times using three different photos, one with my mother's blue willow dishes, blueberries spilled out of the jar and this one using an old photo of my grandmother (which I've used several times before). But when I found the quote, everything came together!

There's a bluebird in my heart that wants to get out.

Anna Aspnes
Artsy Transfers Fruehling Artsy Transfers Fruehling
Artplay MiniPalette Fruehling (paper, brush, transfer, button, paper texture, lace) ArtplayMiniPalette Fruehling
Artplay Palette Take Flight (label word) Artplay Palette Take Flight
Artplay Palette Plumera (blue button) Artplay Palette Plumera
Artplay Palette Summers End (foliage) Artplay Palette Summers End
Artplay Palette ArtLife (ribbon desaturated) Artplay Palette ArtLife
Artplay Palette Milieu (flower) Artplay Palette Milieu
MultiMedia Birds 1 MultiMedia Birds 1
MultiMedia Flowers 5 MultiMedia Flowers 5
MultiMedia Melic 1 (heart recolored) MultiMedia Melic 1
Nostalgia WordART Mix 1 Nostalgia WordART Mix 1

Process
A solid paper from Artplay MiniPalette Fruehling was used as the foundation of the page. Artsy Transfers Fruehling_3 was layered onto the page. Some of the layers were turned off, duplicated or moved. The opacity of the largest transfer was reduced. Splatters and stains from AT Fruehling_1 were added to the page. The image was extracted and a sticker effect and custom blue shadow added. Because it was an old yellowed photo, it was desaturated with the levels bumped up. Using MultiMedia Birds 1, the bird cage,bluebirds were added. A brush from the mini kit was recolored and placed behind the image. A paper texture from the mini kit was also added. Lace and a transfer from the kit were added for more depth and color. The page was completed by adding the dimensional elements.

Thank you for looking!
Magnifique Miki le bleu et blanc, la photo de votre gd.Mre avec un effet auto collant, les dentelles les oiseaux, ravissant, bravo !!

Igen, sokszor megtrtnik! ... s tbbszri kezds utn, egyszer megjn a pillanat ...! Ahogy itt is! Gynyr az idzet s gynyr az oldal!!! Megrintett!! Ksznm!

Yes, it happens many times! ... and after several times, the moment comes once ...! Like here! Beautiful quote and beautiful page!!! He touched!! Thank you!

I had that happen recently too and was surprised. It's a strategy I will try to keep in mind, but being in my right brain when doing the art makes it hard to move into the left brain to find the right words.

I'm glad it all came together for you! love the little bird cage cluster and the nice sticker effect.

Yes, I can relate...I had one of those experiences recently! Fun when you find that 'something' that makes it all work! Miki, your resulting art is delightful...love the fresh blue/white combo, the birdcage and blue heart!

love that quote! glad the page came together because it is lovely - I like how you did the stroke the photo! really beautiful!

sometimes there is one little thing putting all perfectly together. if you only knew which one. *sigh.
beautiful page. love all the blue elements in combination with the white background and photo of your lovely grandmother.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Miki
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout