Oscraps

Blue Iris
ksacry

Blue Iris

I saw this free historical image by rawpixel.com and loved the "Japanese" look. I could not resist embellishing it with the mini palette Stravage.
Iris flowers (1925 - 1936) by Ohara Koson (1877-1945). Original from The Rijksmuseum. Digitally enhanced_rawpixel-id-436612-jpeg

Construction: I used the palette’s Solid Paper #2 for the background. I placed the image and I wanted the paper’s line texture to show through a bit, so I used blend mode Multiply at 70% opacity on the image. I added a white stroke and a drop shadow to the image’s right edge.
I then placed the mini palette’s Artsy Transfer under the image, rearranging layers and extensively using layer masking to get the look I wanted. I then added brushes, artstrokes, transfers and paper from the palette to fill in.
The cluster is the line word “pretty”, flower #1, pearl button, and urban threadz 1 from the palette.
I created the title using League Spartan font in the same gray color as the image stripe, rasterized the type and added a stroke and drop shadow. I finally added an art stroke and the palette’s blue butterfly.
Credits list
ArtPlay MiniPalette Stravage is free with a $20 Anna purchase from May 6th to May 8th midnight PDT.
ArtPlay MiniPalette Stravage
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
ksacry
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
anna-aspnes-digital-scrapbook-artplay-mini-palette-stravage-ksacry-blue-iris.jpg
File size
255.9 KB
Dimensions
1000px x 1000px

Share this layout