Oscraps

Big
musicmom3

Big

When I knit, sometimes I compulsively work out the sizing beforehand with a gauge swatch, and sometimes I just dive in. This sweater is the result of the latter approach. It's a 9-12 month size pattern, but since I used a thicker yarn than was called for, the size morphed to about a 2T. I was hoping for an 18-monther. Oh well. A cautionary tale.

The base of this layout was the iPhone extraction and the Reindeer MultiMedia element. To that I added the “Big” wordArt and there was my cluster. I slid in Artsy Paper #1 (duplicated, on color burn mode at reduced opacity), then pirated a frame from the Artsy Layered Template and layered in another photo. At the end I dropped in a few of the pictorial brushes from the Christmas Nostalgia set--one brown reindeer and a couple of blue swirly brushes, just to pick up on the blue shirt in the framed photo. I also topped the layout with an russet gradient layer at 67% opacity on overlay blend mode.
Credits list
Silver Bells Classic Artplay Collection (including Artsy Transfers), now on sale for a limited time: https://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Silver-Bells-Collection.html
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
I never do gauge swatches :) Perhaps it's better this way, it will "fit" for longer. That extraction is awesome - yay iPhone! The crinkly brown background reflects the knitting texture nicely! Adorable photos and great use of the collection

It doesn't matter, oversize is all the rage.
I think Elioth thinks so too, if I'm interpreting his facial expression correctly.
I like your festive background design and its colours, they go perfectly with the jumper.

Plenty of room to grow into! Excellent use of the palette elements. Love the title/cluster and the blended papers in the background give so much texture.

Adorable expression! The sweater will be wonderfully warm. He will grow into it and beyond soon enough! I haven't played much with the iPhone extractions. I should give that one a try!

What a joy he is! Love his big eyes. He'll be wearing the sweater all winter. Gorgeous blending and page!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename