Oscraps

Beautiful Backyard
Donna G.

Beautiful Backyard

Journaling reads:
Look at our BEAUTIFUL backyard! Note there is NO kid stuff! No swing set, no slide, no fort, no sandbox, no plastic sandbox toys, no riding toys, no Super Soakers or other water guns, no hammock, and no trampoline. All of these things were in the backyard of our old house. The only thing added to the back yard of our new? house is Conrads garden, where he grows flowers and vegetables. (Deer eat the flowers and vegetables faster than theyre ready to be picked, hence the rather invisible deer fence around the garden.. Only the fence posts show in the photo on the left. Why do we think the deer wont see it either, but will get tangled up in it?)

Oh, yeah, our new yard would be prettier if it had walkways, flowers, planned plantings, . . . maybe some benches. However, compared to our formerly way overly cluttered yard, this one is quite lovely.

I MISS THE OLD YARD!! I miss seeing the kids playing, fighting, running, swinging, and picking the huge bugs out of the sandbox. In my minds eye I can see the stump where Conrad sat to do a wood carving for me for Mothers Day with the new knife his daddy [stupidly] gave him. I can still see the blood all over the stump after he missed the wood and nearly chopped off his own hand. I remember driving up and seeing the kids bouncing on the trampoline, higher than the two-story house. The babysitter said they said I always let them jump from the top of the giant oak tree onto the trampoline. I even miss stepping on Legos with my bare feet in the backyard. With four boys and a tomboy daughter, Legos were everywhere! Well, I dont miss the Legos, but I sure do miss all those little kids.

(Photos from our old backyard are blended into the background paper.)

Background paper and frame (modified) are both by Mindy Terasawa, and were given free for a challenge.

Fonts: Arial, Base 02, Donny's Hand
Aw, this is a beautiful LO... love the blended photos and the awesome journalling!! Sounds like the old backyard was a lot of fun!!

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Donna G.
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout