Oscraps

Beach Walk
musicmom3

Beach Walk

Coastline Artplay Palette--**coming today and on sale**
BeachWordArtMixNo 2--**coming today and on sale**
MultiMediaShells No 1--**coming today and on sale**
Also:
Artsy Blending Brushes #4 http://www.oscraps.com/shop/AnnaBlendz-Artsy-No.-4.html
Clock--Antiquity Artplay Palette http://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Palette-Antiquity.html
Birds--Take Flight Artsy Transfers http://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtsyTransfers-Take-Flight.html

Process (Photoshop Elements 14)
I opened Artsy Paper #3 because I liked the shoreline. I added my photostwo snaps from a Mommy-and-Me Trip with my daughters when they were teens. I extracted each photo in place using inverted masking, leaving lots of brush strokes to disguise the out-of-focus, poorly lit photos. I positioned the word art next, changing the color to reddish-brown.

To darken the sky area and intensify the shoreline, I sandwiched artsy paper #2 between the two photos, blending it with color burn mode. I shrank the paper, matching up the patterns as best I could with the previous paper, and used a layer mask to remove everything that was extraneous. I then positioned Artstroke #1 from the Artplay Palette to bring a little darkness up to the top, behind the first photo, and added Artstroke #2, on Multiply mode, to keep the darks and get rid of the whites.

I layered in the rest of the transfers and overlays from the artplay palette, using most of them in one form or anotherparticularly to bring in the delicious blues and textures.

There's a really cool element in the Coastline Artplay Palette called a windbreaker, and I used that to reinforce the shoreline and unite my two photospulling it into position almost at the top of the layer stack, blending it with the Multiply mode, and removing parts of it with a layer mask.

For embellishments I started with mostly blended things rather than dimensional thingsa clock (duplicated), a spatter brush from Coastline stamped over the smaller clockface, and a birds layer from the Artsy Transfer. I flattened my layout and distressed it a wee bit with Solid Paper #4 on multiply blending mode at very low opacity. I then added Multimedia Shells #1 and #2 for a color pop and dimension.
This will be a page for the three of you to always treasure. Love the suggestion of silhouettes and that fence. Wonderful page as usual.

Sisterhood is forever! My two fought like cats and dogs, but are very close now! Love the textures, blending and wonderful color!

There isn't anything quite like having a sister, love their friendship as sisters and your beautiful page!!!

Gorgeous blending with the photo/textures/elements. The journaling creates a touching and perfect memory.

yep, sisters are your best friend that you love to hate sometimes. love how the textures add that beachy vibe and dimension.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout