Oscraps

Axel Comes to America
zlemon

Axel Comes to America

Love the new Narcisssus bundle, it has vintage vibe that's perfect for heritage pages. My cousin discovered a treasure trove of family photos and documents in my Uncle's files. This is my maternal grandfather's grandfather. He came to America from Sweden in 1888 at the age of 20 (first photo). Married at 30 (second photo) and had 7 kids. His wife had their last child at the age of 41. Another interesting fact was that he changed his name twice. His birth name was Olofsson, his entry name was Myren-Hanson and then he choose Myren as his "legal" name.

Oh, I lived in the house he & his brothers built until I was 10 years old.

Supplies:
ArtPlay Palette Narcissus Bundle
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/AnnaRelease-26-April-2019.html

ArtsyTransfers Narcissus *Available on 5/1*
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtsyTransfers-Narcissus.html

Process notes:
I used SolidPaper No. 1 as my base. I created the postage stamp with Axel picture in it by turning the stamp grey using the blend mode of luminosity. I place my photo on top of the stamp and masked it into the background. I then created a rectangle and filled it with a darker grey. On the other photo I used one of the multimedia frames included in the bundle. (I deleted the strings.) I clipped my photo to the mask, duplicated it and used a screen blend mode to lighten it. I placed both photo in the upper left corner and added the greenery along side of the left frame. Recolored the greenery and reduced its opacity to 58%. Also added several new artsy transfers underneath them until they covered the upper third. Text about Axels life was then added.

Thanks for looking!
Nice to have these photos in your family, and I agree the APP works quite well.

What a very beautiful layout to go with your new found family photos! I love the stamp transformation, very much.

What a wonderful story and yes, love that stamp usage, gonna have to lift that idea ;-) I am reading O Pioneer about Swedish emigrants in that part of America.

What a interesting page. Great to know the story of your ancestors. Agree Anna's AP Narcissus was perfect for this. Loving the stamp frame too.

Wonderful heritage page--so very fortunate to have these amazing photos and to know the history behind them.

amazing heritage page. love hte soft pastels, the stamp and your journeling.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
zlemon
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout