Oscraps

at 25
E

at 25

I was kind of freaked out about turning 25. There is no denying the fact
that 25 years old is entirely adult. I have always been mature for my age,
but I didnt feel adult in so many ways. I had no idea where my life was headed. I knew I couldnt have children so I wouldnt be a mother. I knew the man I had married with intentions of being in the ministry wouldnt even go to church. I knew I loved the lady I supported, but I hated my job. I knew that everyday I wore a mask; pretending to be happy and ok when I was
anything but. I knew that even when I felt srongly about something I would always yeild to anyone and everyone else. I knew I was a total pushover
without any direction at all. When I turned 25 I felt like a lost child in
desperate need of guidance. But 25 was good to me. At 25 I admitted my marriage was a mistake and that I couldnt fix it on my own no matter how hard I tried. At 25 the love of my life contacted me after a decade of
separation and I dared to take a chance on love. At 25 I accepted the fact that I am not perfect and never will be, and at 25 I realized that was ok. At 25 I lost 30 pounds because I wasnt invisible anymore. At 25 I agreed to see Nate. I left my husband and my miserable life. At 25 I moved out of my apartment, quit my job, and moved from Maine to North Carolina even though everyone thought I was crazy. At 25 I got divorced and learned to stand up for myself and what I believe. I learned to speak my mind even when it holds thoughts people dont want to hear. At 25 I became a Step Mother and a lover of life. At 25 we got a dog, and I got my ears peirced for the first time because I always wanted to but never had. At 25 I realized theres more to life than what
everyone else thinks of me. I realized that there are things more important than my reputation and the way things appear. At 25 I became an adult and learned to use my own mind. At 25 I started living. So on this night, my
last night being 25, I am so thankful. I have been blessed. I have been
awakened from what has felt like a cloudy dream, and though the sun has set, everything looks brighter and I can see more clearly. At 25 for the
first time in my life, I can honestly say that this year I have no regrets.

plainjane-staple-taylormade
paislee press ink blotv2 brush
both available here at oscraps!
This just popped out of the gallery and usually I don't take the time to read the long journaling...but it captured me. My daughter is 26 and I know the journey isn't always easy....but you seem to
have found a path where you aer headed to places that make you happy!

WOOHOOO! You go girl! When I first started to read this I was gonne leave a comment like wait till 27! But girl, you already know and at 25. Good to know There's more of us out there!

Layout information

Category
TaylorMade Designs
Added by
Elleanne
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout