Oscraps

As time goes by
Joansmor

As time goes by

Inspiration- I was on a photo ride with a friend this weekend and found an old farm that I had been taking pictures of as it slowly fell apart. There were people there who we talked with. The older people had died and the new generation was preparing to build new. So this page is a collection of pictures over the last few years.

Start – New page File>New 12x12 300

Paper – Placed Artsy Paper 1 above the background layer. I changed the yellow to green to match my photos using Ctrl>U and selecting yellow. Changed the bright pink to a peachy color using the same method.

Mask – Moved Sirenic FotoBlendz 1 onto the page. I colored some of the outer layers using Edit>Fill to match the photo.

Frames – Took three frames for Artsy Layered Template 285 and arranged them on the right side of the mask.

Photos – Added the focal photo to the mask layer of the FotoBlendz and three other photos to the mask layer of the frames all done using Layer>Create Clipping Mask.

Elements – I used Multimedia Sirenic 1 above the focal photo. I used Ctrl U to change the color of the ribbon to more of a peachy color and also changed the pink in the paper heart the same way.

Brushes – Used Brushes 3 and 4 on my near the bottom of the three frames.

Words – did a paragraph of journaling about the photos and used the wordart ‘As time goes by’ for my title.
  • Love
Reactions: ksacry and digigal
What a wonderful story about your page. Love the LO and the hearts that tell how much this place has meant to you as you as you followed its decay and now will see it being restored.

That's a great story and a wonderful concept for a layout...hope they incorporate the vernacular of the old into the new.

Looking forward to seeing the next set of photos to see what the next generation builds. Wonderful photos. I really like how you paired the falling down homestead with the lighter, more hopeful heart elements.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Joansmor
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename