Oscraps

Art of Lithography
persnicketychick

Art of Lithography

Most of my familys heritage is steeped in creativity wherever you look. This LO is of my great grandfather who was an artist in his own merit as a lithographer. He learned the trade from his father-in-law upon marrying my great grandmother, but before that he was a musician. I tend to think he put that aside for a real, honest job and while that makes me a bit sad, Id like to think that the musical legacy left behind by both his sons makes up for it.

Journaling reads:

In a letter dated March 24th 1907, my great grandfather, Richard, writes to his beloved wife, that although he longs to see her, he must first fulfill his obligation, must remain with the Western Bank Note Company until the 25th of the month. It is there in Chicago, Illinois that his long career as a lithographer began shortly after his marriage to Josephine just one month earlier. From there, he would join his bride in Kansas City, Missouri where his career would last another 40 years . For him it was an honorable way to earn money for those he cared so much about but looking over these mementos left behind, I believe my great grandfather was quite an artist. I consider myself truly blessed to have these works of art with me today.
Credits-

Background:
Roots paper 1 from Roots Collection by Robyn England @scrapartist.com
Paper 8 from Misty Morning Kit by Anneli Andersson @ happyscrappy.com

Elements:
Doorway, vintage watch, and top hat from Altered Art Book Kit by Carla Gibson Designs @oscraps.com

Fountain Pen 1 from Fountain Pen Kit by Anneli Andersson @ happyscrappy.com

Box 6 from Those Little Boxes Kit by Anneli Andersson @ happyscrappy.com

Tree from Misty Morning Kit by Anneli Andersson @happyscrappy.com
There are no comments to display.

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
persnicketychick
Date added
View count
Comment count