Oscraps

AnnaLift: Axel Reads
zlemon

AnnaLift: Axel Reads

This week's inspiration art by pam p made me think about how much time I spend reading. I think it's part of my family's DNAwe all are avid readers. Even my cute lil neice loves her books, she carries one around with her most of the day. But this is a photo of my grandpa's grandpa reading the newspaper.

Supplies:
ArtPlay Palette Patriarch
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Palette-Patriarch.html

Process notes:
I used ArtsyPaper No. 4 as my base and rotated it. I placed my photo and masked it into the paper. I combined the two and duplicated it two. I duplicate the photo and used the screen blend mode to lighten it. I placed a few transfer around the photo and blended them in. Did some brushwork on the left to add more white. Also brushed in the typewriter to continue the theme. Added text and done.

Thanks for looking.
Reactions: agilchrest
Such a great layout for the wonderful "lift"! I love that you have a picture of him reading the newspaper, and the APP is perfect for these story telling pages.

Great lift and the reference to McLuhan takes me back fifty years.

Wonderful concept for the lift! I love the picture-a true treasure and memory!

Yes,yes... it's all great. Love the trip back and the time concept. Now even I get my news online each morning. I am reminded of my Dad and his newspapers and Walter Cronkite each eve.Thanks for the lift and here's to the memories of newspapers.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
zlemon
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout