Oscraps

AnnaColor - Xray
hoodsmom

AnnaColor - Xray

I'm illustrating a poem, "My Mother’s Body Interrogated By Light" by Gerrie Fellows, which describes what happened to her mother after she was diagnosed with lung cancer. Fellows ended up in a surgical museum and a Scottish OR doing research for this poem. Particularly if you have a medical background, you'll be struck by the details she captured - incredible for a lay person. You can read the poem and her author's notes at: https://www.scottishpoetrylibrary.org.uk/poem/my-mothers-body-interrogated-light/

Credits:
APP's Science No 1, Shabby Christmas, Love Story, Heath, BBQ
FotoBlendz Overlay No 11
Trees no. 2, Typewriters no 1
photo credits: (bird) aminCr (Flickr), (flock of birds) jumpinjimmyjava-iKIVA (Flickr), chest x-ray is in the public domain, but I found it using the public domain search site Picryl*

Title and journaling font: DJB WERECOW OF DANVILLE

*I can't exactly recommend Picryl b/c it's not easy to get images suitable for digiscrapping unless you upgrade to a paid account. There are workarounds, but you have to know your way around Google Image search and your browser's Web Developer Tools. But it can be a useful starting point if you're looking for public domain images outside of sources you're familiar with.
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
  • Love
Reactions: zlemon
What a gorgeous page with a super sad title and lyrics.... Love the way you placed the text and the black and white with a splash of red.

My goodness, this is masterful. That chunk of white space under the X-ray feels very emotional to me. What a challenge to illustrate these words--a challenge well met.

wow, what a creative and artistic realisation for the aA colour challenge.
the placement of the texts around the small x-ray image is brilliant.

I like Laura's word, "masterful." It's always a pleasure to find your work in the gallery.

Layout information

Category
Oscraps Designers
Added by
hoodsmom
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename