Oscraps

AnnaColor Challenge - Do No Disturb
B

AnnaColor Challenge - Do No Disturb

My kitty Maxwell with his Do No Disturb sign out.

ArtPlay Palette HomeArtPlayPaletteHome
ArchiTextures No. 10ArchiTexturesNo.10
Splatters No. 2SplattersNo.2
ArtsyPaint No. 14ArtsyPaintNo.14
ButtonThreadz No. 3buttonthreadzNo.3
Photo: Mine
Fonts: Sunshine Daisies and Adelaide

Notes: I worked on the title first because there are 3 and 4 layers for each letter involved and I didnt want any distracting background. I built the layout around it.

After I had the title pretty much how and where I wanted it, I used the mask brush in the kit and stamped it on the page and clipping Maxwell to it, resizing and positioning both mask and photo. I duplicated the photo two more times and blending the first copy to Overlay and the top copy to Screen. Over the photo I used a pattern overlay and then I used the ArtsyPaint brush in blue and blended it to Overlay with a reduced fill opacity.

Bringing in and positioning under the title the branch from the kit and blended it to Color Burn. Clipping a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to it, I changed the colors of the berries from yellow to blue. I did this after blending because if you do it before and go through the blend modes, you never know what the color of the berries are going to be.

From there it was all brush work and the two strokes around the photo. I used and duplicated the window stamp because Maxwell likes sitting next to the windows to see whats happening outside. Theres an art stroke at the top and splatter brushes under the three windows and dropping down from the photo. The ArchiTexture is at the top of the photo.

Placing the caption, labels,button and thread finished the page.
Sweet kitty :) I think we should exchange cute kitty photos :)
I love your fun, creative title work.

I thought this might be Maxwell recovering and resting from his recent trauma! I love the little touches like the branch silhouette and the cool use of the windows as Maxwell loves to look out at the world - lovely page!

Love the title work and contrast of the brown background with touches of blue! Gorgeous work!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Barbara Houston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout