Oscraps

AnnaChallenge Christmas Card
Jeanzie

AnnaChallenge Christmas Card

Every year, I make a Christmas card, always with the theme of peace, and usually blue with doves. This year is a radical departure, telling the story of the Peace rose. The story is inside the card with a greeting of "Wishing you peace in 2013."

Used was Anna's Multilayered FotoBlendz Clipping Masks No. 1.

The Story of the Peace Rose
The Peace rose is the most famous and successful garden rose of all time. Over one hundred million plants had been sold, as of 1992. It was developed by French horticulturist Francis Meilland in the years 1935 to 1939. When Meilland foresaw the German invasion of France he sent cuttings to friends in Italy, Turkey, Germany, and the United States to protect the new rose. The adoption of the trade name Peace was publicly announced in the United States on 29 April 1945, the very day that Berlin fell, officially considered the end of the Second World War in Europe. Later that year Peace roses were given to each of the delegations at the inaugural meeting of the United Nations in San Francisco, each with a note which read: We hope the Peace rose will influence mens thoughts for everlasting world peace.
This is just spectacular! And your first post to our gallery...welcome!! I knew as soon as I saw this that it must be a Peace rose...what a wonderful use of imagery for a message! And we are neighbors as well :) Really love this!

welcome to the gallery!
your card is lovely and i enjoyed reading about this beautiful flower.

Splendid reminder of peacelovely designand interesting history! Welcome to the gallery!

Welcome to the gallery!
Love that you've added the story of this beautiful rose!

The peace rose is my favorite of all the roses. Great choice for your card. Welcome to the gallery.

So beautiful and what a wonderful yearly idea. I wish you peace in 2013 as well. Thanks for sharing this.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Jeanzie
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout