Oscraps

Anna Color challenge  12.05 - 12.18 - On stage now
Ann06

Anna Color challenge 12.05 - 12.18 - On stage now

On stage now...
This is a second attempt on this beautiful, gorgeous face
Using Anna Aspnes Artolay Palette Star
http://www.oscraps.com/shop/product.php?productid=10011489

I have used as a background a paper from this beautiful new artplay palette "Star" from Anna's store, that is perfect for the new color challenge.
I have found that working with portraits images is a bit different that other images,
as I think it requires a deeper opacity on the brush shadow work to emphasize on the characteristics and features of the face.
In this case the new artzy transfers from Anna and the transfer from artplay palettes made the coloring a simple and truly exciting step in the composition.
Any of the transfers will transform the LO completely as you add them on as layers.
I added to the artzy transfers a shadow effect as well, similar in color to the shadows used in the focal image.
You can see further details on the watercolor technique that I applied to the focal image in the Composite series Part1 of 6, in Anna's blog.
http://annaaspnes.typepad.com/anna/2014/02/composite-techniques-part-1-of-6.html
I have found that doing on the image the brush work with different colors is the first step required to get this type of effect when using other filters combined.
I have colored my sketch first with a number of colors using the same brush of large surface and uneven edge.
I applied after the cutout filter and a poster edge effect as well ( two step process) , but I have eliminated with the eraser tool some of the edges that were too strong for my image.
I love this watercolor effect on portraits. You really have started something great here Ann. I'm afraid none of my own portraits are good enough for this effect so I will be searching for some royalty free images to try out

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Ann06
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout