Oscraps

anna-aspnes-digital-art-artplay-collection-Gentle Morning-table to tree.jpg
Joansmor

anna-aspnes-digital-art-artplay-collection-Gentle Morning-table to tree.jpg

Inspiration-There are problems with Maple syrup producing weather this winter and so it is on my mind. So, I decided to see if I could make it work for the lift.

Paper – Solid Paper 2 was placed above the background layer.

Mask – Placed Fotoblendz Overlay 11.1 over the paper.

Frame – Added a frame from Infatuated above the photo.

Photo – A picture of a maple syrup bucket attached to a tree I placed over the mask and attached using Layer>Create Clipping Mask. Then I added two photos to the top and bottom masks using Ctrl U to turn the bottom photo to a black and white. Then I added a Solid Paper 4 to the middle mask and attached using Layer>Create Clipping Mask. I extracted a bottle of syrup from another photo and placed it over the paper.
Element – placed the brown bow over the frames.
Transfer - I added Transfer 6 to the upper left corner because I like how the gold color matched the syrup pouring into the bucket. Then I added Artstroke 1 and 2 on the page. Aligned one with the bucket on the tree.
Brushes – Brush on was added on the left and with the Artstrokes helped lead the eye around the paper. (When you get nervous as you add more stuff, I think I like these loops, but I can’t relax enough to know. Hoping if I do this enough, I will get to the point I can see if it really adds to my pages. No growth if I don’t try.) Then I added Brush 8 over the paper in the middle frame to break up the one-color look.
Title – From Farm to Table is common in lots of fancy restaurants so I did a play on that with the Table To Tree
Journal – Found this cute quote.
They say that blood is thicker than water, maple syrup is thicker than blood. Therefore, my loyalties lie with pancakes.
The last things I do is make sure no flat art goes over any dimensional, nothing goes over edges unless I mean it do, everything that should have drop shadows has them. It is the little things that make your page more polished in my opinion.
I was just telling my grandson about maple syrup the other day as we were eating pancakes. I love this lift - tells an important story. I like the use of the artstrokes!

With the warm weather I'm sure the maple sap is early this year. Need a cold spell. Great documentation of the process from tree to pancakes.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Joansmor
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename