Oscraps

All About Me Day 8 "I Create..." A Sweater Story
dwsewbiz

All About Me Day 8 "I Create..." A Sweater Story

Yes I skipped Day 7 - need to find some old photos.
Meanwhile, I wanted to tell this sweater story. It has a happy ending, but my first attempt was in my backpack which was stolen, along with my crochet needles and vintage scissors. Was heartbreaking, but I bought more yarn, started again, and here I am wearing my new sweater, which I love :)
Credits list
Summer Template Album
ArtPlay Mini Palette 4 You
Artsy Transfers Amaranthine
Button Threadz 4
buttons from various artplay palettes
Rearranged frames from Summer Template Album to suit my photos.
There are no buttons on my sweater but I like using buttons on my pages.
Lace and Transfers added to the background.
Beautiful sweater and a great symbol for your moving on. So hard.

Wow... wonderful sweater. You turned a tragedy into a heartwarming story. Great journaling.

OH, I cannot believe this. I would have cried myself to death if someone stole my crochet project. But... I love the sweater! Gotta try and see if I can come up with something like it.

OH, I cannot believe this. I would have cried myself to death if someone stole my crochet project. But... I love the sweater! Gotta try and see if I can come up with something like it.
It's funny (as in odd) - I lost my laptop, my wallet and all credit cards, my passport, cash, my Kindle, my Airpods, etc, but what hurt the most was my sweater project, especially since the old needles and scissor are not really replaceable, and my notebook and planner with various ephemera in it. With your needle skills this would be a piece of cake...just a front and back panel (mine is 5x5 granny squares, with some double crochet extension rows on the side) double crochet bodice extension, then 3 rows of 4 granny squares for the sleeves. All the squares were joined with a Continuous Join as You Go method. and thank you! :)

Your story is tragic, but I'm glad you were able to make the sweater again, even though some of the things that were taken were irreplaceable. I love your colorful page! And I admire anyone who can knit and crochet!

It's a wonderful sweater. I've started :) Thanks for the pattern info.
I am sorry about the scissors and the needles.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
dwsewbiz
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename