Oscraps

Ahh, the Thistle Weed, Abrazo
lacy

Ahh, the Thistle Weed, Abrazo

Ahh, the Thistle weed. We’ve been battling them for years. We still have a few pop up every year. I guess the blooms are pretty, but each bud produces thousands of seeds. The bees and butterflies love them. But I just want to scream when I see sacks of thistle seeds for sale for the birds. Maybe they are a different strain.

I loaded the Artsy Layered Template from the palette, placed Artsy Paper 2 (which matched the ALT layers) below the layers, deleted the gray background then removed some of the ALT layers, recolored some or changed the blending mode. I placed my photo, duplicated 2X, with 2 copies clipped to the frame masks and one copy clipped to the Hipster Plume FotoBlendz 8-1 place below the frames, using brushes to enhance the coverage. I placed the beaded threadz, elements and made a custom word art with letters from the palette word art files, with Layer Style (fill with pink, stroke, color overlay, gradient overlay and drop shadow). Embellished with brushes from the palette, Creative Artistry class and splatters.
Credits list
ArtPlay Collection Abrazo, On Sale until July 26
ArtPlay Palette Abrazo (paper, transfers, brushes, elements)
Artsy Layered Template 253
Embrace WordART Mix 1 beaded threadz + custom word art
Urban Threadz 14-12
Splatters, Paint, and Artistry brushes
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
  • Love
Reactions: isDK and zlemon
They are troublesome but a lovely shade of purple. I love what you did with the butterfly!

Great photo and framing! I don't think the thistle seed sold for bird feeders can sprout as it is sterilized.

Great photo and framing! I don't think the thistle seed sold for bird feeders can sprout as it is sterilized.
Well that's good to know! I just know they spread like crazy and just when you think you've gotten rid of them, they pop back up.

Beautiful thistles! Waiting for ours in the fields to bloom, then the goldfinches show up. Love the colored word art.

Rest assured, the bird thistle actually comes from a daisy (the seed is called Nyger) so no problem there. I actually grow a type of globe thistle called echinops and it's beautiful, beloved by birds, AND non-invasive. I LOATHE the thistles you're talking about though, and boy are they hard to get rid of. Having said that, look at your happy butterfly! Gorgeous layout for a pesky plant!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
lacy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename