Oscraps

ADSR Challenge #4- Spill It!
S

ADSR Challenge #4- Spill It!

Here's my layout for ADSR challenge #4. This was another big challenge for me, but very cathartic! :)

Credits: Paper and alpha from Miss Mint's "Pop Rock Graffiti" (Peppermint Creative). Staples and safety pin from Miss Mint's "Recycling Bin Bits" (Peppermint Creative). Font: Pea Kim.

Journaling is small, so here it is in case you want to read: Marley was a surprise. We knew we wanted more children, but we thought shed be conceived about 6 months later than she actually was. I had just applied for a program at the University of Texas to get my masters in Special Education Early Childhood. I took the GRE, applied and waited to see if Id get one of the few spots awarded. Finally I got the envelope in the mail and was thrilled to find Id been accepted. I also qualified for the grant so Id only have to pay for books. I was working full time as a special needs preschool teacher and had a 16 month old son, so Id have my hands full no doubt, but I was up for the challenge. I had been feeling funny and for a second thought Could I be pregnant? but thought it was unlikely. The next day I was still feeling funny and got a test just in case. It was a digital one that immediately read PREGNANT. As I put in my contacts, I thought, it just hadnt had enough time to work but after 5 minutes, the result had not changed. I was pregnant. So, I had to turn down the spot in the masters program just 1 day after being accepted and was disappointed. Flash forward to my husband and I at the doctors office. I feel sure that Im having another boy. Were excited to think Jaxon will have a brother- theyd be 2 years and 2 months apart- so hed have a new partner in crime. We are both surprised again to find that were having a girl. Again, I feel disappointed. What in the world will I do with a girl? I know boys- I have wild little boy, a class filled with boys with only an occasional girl and my sports-addicted husband what will I do with pinks and flowers and bows? When Marley arrives I am surprised once again. She is lovely from the start. I feel an immediate connection followed by guilt for having been disappointed. She is the perfect mix of dainty princess and tomboy, smart and goofy, silly and sweet, and a wonderful surprise.

Layout information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
schock77
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout