Oscraps

aALift--Happy in Humboldt
musicmom3

aALift--Happy in Humboldt

Artsy Template #72 https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Artsy-Layered-Template-No.-72.html
Wilderness Artplay Palette https://www.oscraps.com/shop/ArtPlay-Palette-Wilderness.html

Notes in Photoshop Elements 14
Trying to catch up with my memory-keeping before our travels start in the fall so I've been in my template stash a lot lately. This template has always been a favorite. There's a nice texture layer on the mask at the right, and if I clip my photo to that instead of to the mask, I always get a nice effect. The photos were altered with my new friend, the Smart Brush Tool. Using that, it's possible to quickly define an area of the photo, apply the quick fix, then blend in the fix layer with an Artsy Brush. Here I made the skies bluer, the foliage more intense, and toned down the sun on my daughter and her friends walking like Egyptians across the log. To finish the page I added a frame from the Artplay Palette as well as Artsy Papers (three of them, blended with multiply and color burn modes). I also recolored the stains on various blending modes, and stamped some brushes. As a last touch I added embellishments, then created three overlays at the top of the layer panel--one with Artsy Paper 6 on multiply mode with an opacity of 13%, one from the sky transfer and one from a leaf transer, both on multiply mode, also at reduced opacity.
You have created a wonderful woodsy ambience and I love your wordart.

Monumental title work for a monumental trip! Everyone looks like they are having fun!

Super pop-up effect...perfect frame for your woodsy lift! Also, I appreciate your helpful process notes...thanks, Laura!

Ultra cool design! Love the framing and the photos. Thanks so much for playing along.

what a great page! great framing and title, and the background photo needs to be BIG, because those trees are so BIG!

You have such a fun family! Love the big title and photos and framing!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout