Oscraps

A Quilt Jacket - Anything
lacy

A Quilt Jacket - Anything

Mar/Apr, 2023
So I had this raggedy old quilt I’ve had possession of for over 30 years. It’s at least as old as I am, so 1950’s, maybe even 30’s or 40’s. I wish I knew. It had obviously been well used and loved, so I gave it a second life. As hard as it was to make the first cut, this jacket turned out cuter than I ever could have hoped.

I started in March during a scrapping rut, hoping to get a spark by doing something else creative. The photos of me were taken today, after just getting the last of my bleached blond hair cut off. This is now my natural color, and I.AM.GRAY!
Credits list
Stitched Template Pack No 1 (p. 3)
Spring Value Pack No. 4
ArtPlay Palette Anything (pattern paper, fotoglow, overlays, lace, art stroke, splatter, transfer, flower, button, tape, label word, brushes)
Anything Artsy Kardz 3
Spring Word Art 1-10

Process: I started with the Stitched Template Album p3, clipped my photos to the masks and one Artsy Kardz to the top right mask behind the photo. At some point I clipped a Color Fill (pale beige/yellow, blend mode Soft Light, Opacity 80%) to the grouped frames and reduced all but the text box to get a larger border. I placed Anything Pattern paper 2 below the template frames. Later I clipped a custom Gradient Fill, blend mode Lighten, Opacity 48% to the paper. Embellished with glows, transfers, overlays, etc., some above the frames and some below. Placed the flower element (hue adjusted) and button, word art, a couple of Anything brushes, and text box. I felt it still needed something, so I extracted a third photo to show my modeling prowess with a custom drop shadow and a clipped Color Fill (pale yellow/beige), blend mode Soft Light, Opacity 80%.
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
  • Wow
Reactions: ksacry and bcazzell
Love! It! Love the jacket - it is very hard to cut something old, handmade, and special like a quilt. Your jacket is adorable, and I love your hair! Beautiful story and layout. p.s. thank you for using the striped paper in the palette!

Love the jacket! So talented. My MIL gave me a quilt that she pieced together from a variety of different fabrics to finish for her. Although I've quilted before this was beyond me. My niece-in-law (way more talented than me) put it together and now we have a family heirloom. Beautiful documentation!

Wow, that jacket is wonderful, as is you page! Congrats on going gray! I'm trying to go gray too, but it is so hard :D

Your jacket looks great! and so does your hair - I'm doing the same thing, still have a couple inches of bleached highlights - I'm done fighting the gray!
I too have a quilt coat but I had a local gal make it for me with a quilt I owned. I love it! This is really nice documentation and I love the lace!

Love! It! Love the jacket - it is very hard to cut something old, handmade, and special like a quilt. Your jacket is adorable, and I love your hair! Beautiful story and layout. p.s. thank you for using the striped paper in the palette!
Thanks and your welcome, I guess, for using the striped paper. So glad it makes you happy.

Wow, that jacket is wonderful, as is you page! Congrats on going gray! I'm trying to go gray too, but it is so hard :D
Oh I know, I've been trying to stop coloring for a while, just couldn't commit. After I got this last cut, I thought, I'm done. Feels great!

Beautiful jacket and beautiful you! Love that extraction and the color over the stripes.

Just scrolling through to see what I missed while vacationing in the ocean air...and WOW I just had to stop here for a round of applause! What a fabulous jacket and repurposing job! It and you look fantastic. Perfect lighthearted digital supplies to accompany the page too--and love the extraction. Well done on all counts! I wish I could sew--the darn bobbin thread always broke so I gave up years ago....

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
lacy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename